Milwaukee was recently named to the list of the top 15 weekend getaway locations in the Midwest by Midwest Living. For Milwaukee Movers and Madison Movers of E-Z Movers, we have to agree. Whether you just moved to town, are thinking about it, or just here for the weekend, Milwaukee offers lots of entertainment.
As a long-time area moving company, we’ve experienced most of what the city has to offer. Here are our recommendations for this weekend only in Milwaukee:
- Get your schnitzel: From July, 26th through July, 29th, the annual German Fest offers up all things Deutsche. Enjoy a Dachshund Derby, a soccer tournament, an annual run/walk to benefit St. Ben’s, a European battle of the bands and enough brats to stretch end-to-end up the Empire State building eight times.
- Whet your whistle: With over 275 craft beers, micro brews and ciders from over 80 craft breweries world wide, the 3rd Annual Milwaukee Brewfest, held Saturday, July 28th, will sure to whet your appetite. Located at the Old Coast Guard Pavilion on the beach of Lake Michigan, this summerfest has live music, food sampling, and even the crowning of the 2012 Milwaukee Brewfest Queen.
- Take in a game: America’s national pastime comes to Milwaukee Saturday, July 28th when the Brewers host the Washington Nationals. Held in the Miller Park stadium, the first pitch will be thrown at 6:10, giving you just enough time to hit up Brewfest before making your way to the ballpark.
- See the variety: Stretching from Lake Michigan to the Milwaukee River, Brady Street is popular for its eclectic shopping, neighborhood flavor, and hip coffee shops. On Saturday, July 28th, the Brady Street Festival will spice up the nine-block neighborhood with BMX stunts, pro wrestling, live music, fire-breathing, and general street entertainment.
- Watch it all unfolding: Stop by the Milwaukee Art Museum at noon to see the unfolding of the wing-like sun-panel on the Burke Brise Soleil building. An unprecedented architectural accomplishment, the current art exhibit, Posters of Paris, is also worth a wander.
What’s your favorite weekend activity in Milwaukee? Let us know in the comments!
You may also like ideas to stay cool this summer in Michigan.